Fans worldwide are already feverishly excited about Sunday the 8th of September, day in which the Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix will be held in Monza, the fastest race of the whole world championship with an average speed of 234.626 km/h. Here is all you need to know about this unforgettable event, which, this year, celebrates its 90th anniversary.
The Italian Grand Prix: a 3-day agenda.
The practice sessions, the qualifying rounds and the race itself will take place between the 6th and the 8th of September 2019 in the so-called “Temple of Speed”, Monza’s racetrack, inside the famous park.
The racetrack has seen the faces of the greatest race-car drivers of all times and it is where, in 2005, the Formula 1 speed world record was broken (370.1 km/h). This year, the circuit will surely gift us another great spectacle, which last year already had an audience of 200 000 people.
Here is a summary of the programme for a weekend at full speed:
- Friday the 6th of September: two practice sessions will take place, the first one from 11:00 to 12:30 and the second one from 15:00 to 16:30.
- Saturday the 7th of September: the third and last practice sessions will take place between 12:00 and 13:00, while the qualifying rounds will be between 15:00 and 16:00.
- Sunday the 8th of September: the race will start at 15:10 and will have 53 laps.
Those in possession of a 3-day pass will have access to the circuit also on Thursday the 5th of September and will have the opportunity to tour the pit lane and participate in an autograph-signing session.
Monza Grand Prix 2019: all the useful information.
The presale service is already active on the circuit’s site. Here you can buy tickets for single days and also multiday passes.
- The tickets for Friday the 6th of September and for Saturday the 7th of September have prices starting from 50 Euro.
- Tickets for the Grand Prix on Sunday the 8th of September will have prices starting from 80 Euro.
- The 3-day passes will start at a minimum price of 100 Euro.
ACI members are entitled to preferential rates, as are children and disabled people. For further information, please visit this website.
Those who want to reach the Grand Prix by public transport can:
- Take bus 221 from Corso Milano (near Monza station) to Vedano (Vedano entrance) and Biassono (Santa Maria delle Selve entrance, only open on race weekends).
- Take bus 204 from Corso Milano to the Porta Vedano entrance.
As in past editions, it will not be possible to access the racetrack by car or motorcycle, which will have to be left in special parking areas from which the fans can continue on foot or take the shuttle bus. You will find all practical information on this site.
It will be three days full of events and not only on the racetrack: the small city of Monza will also be involved with concerts and exhibitions related to the racing world, events all fans shouldn’t miss.
Hotel de la Ville: the Formula 1 hotel.
Our 4-star luxury hotel, overlooking the Royal Villa of Monza and its famous Park, is a stone’s throw away from the circuit where one of the most awaited Formula 1 races will be held throughout 2019.
Along with the marvellous location, the refined elegance of the rooms and the availability and professionalism of the staff, Hotel de la Ville has always been the fanciest residence of the most important Formula 1 teams, which honour us with their presence every year during the week of the Grand Prix.
- We have 70, rooms and suites, equipped with the most modern of comforts.
- Our indoor restaurant, the Derby Grill is one of the most famous in the Brianza.
- The glass Veranda, perfectly air-conditioned and available all year round, offers a magnificent view of the Royal Villa of Monza.
- The hotel’s annex, La Villa, is a small and secluded luxury oasis, with lounge, fireplace and private patio.
On the occasion of the next Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix, Hotel de la Ville will reserve for all car enthusiasts an exclusive package of minimum 5 nights in a double room (starting from 730 per night) by virtue of which our guests can:
- Enjoy our exclusive American buffet breakfast every morning
- Dine each evening at the Derby Grill, choosing gourmet dishes from the à la carte menu
- Enjoy access to the sauna and fitness area
- Free access to the garage inside the premises