There is great expectation around Sunday the 6th of September, day in which the usual Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix will be held in Monza, the fastest race of the entire world championship, with an average speed of 234.626 km/h. Here is everything you need to know about the 91st edition of this unique event.
Monza Formula 1 Grand Prix 2020: the programme.
The Grand Prix’s practice sessions, the qualifying rounds and the race itself will take place from the 4th to the 6th of September in the “temple of speed”, the Monza racetrack, inside the famous park.
The circuit, where the greatest motor racing drivers of all times competed, and where the absolute speed record in Formula 1 (370.1 km/h) was achieved in the 2005, will be the scene of a great show also in 2020. A show which last year had an audience of almost 200 000 people.
Here is a brief programme of a weekend at full speed:
- The two free practice sessions will be held on Friday the 4th of September.
- The third practice session and the qualifying rounds will take place on Saturday the 5th of September.
- The race itself will take place on Sunday the 6th of September and will consist of 53 laps.
If you buy the three-day pass, you will have access to the racetrack on Thursday the 3rd of September and will have the opportunity of visiting the pit lane and participating in the autograph-signing session.
Monza Grand Prix 2020: tickets.
The long-awaited Italian Grand Prix will surely be held, but the access modalities for the public are still to be defined in order to allow the event to take place in complete safety.
The sale of tickets is suspended at the moment (you can stay up to date as to when they will become available in the section of the racetrack’s website dedicated to the Grand Prix’s tickets). However, we can give you an approximation of the prices according to last year’s rates:
- Friday the 4th of September and Saturday the 5th of September: starting from 50 Euro.
- Sunday the 6th of September: starting from 80 Euro.
- Three-day passes will cost at least 100 Euro.
ACI members will be entitled to preferential rates, as well as children and disabled people. Please consult the page with ticket informations for further information.
The Monza racetrack: How to get there?
The Monza circuit is extremely simple to reach; those who want to go to the Grand Prix by public transport can:
- Take bus 221 from Corso Milano (near Monza station) to Vedano (Porta Vedano entrance) or Biassono (Santa Maria delle Selve entrance, open only on race weekends).
- Take bus 204 from Corso Milano to the Porta Vedano entrance.
As in previous editions, it will not be possible to directly access the racetrack by car or motorbike: the latter can be left in special parking spaces from which fans can continue on foot or take the shuttle bus.
To facilitate the access to all fans attending one of the most popular Formula 1 races, this year there will be the possibility to book and pay for a parking space in advance in one of the parking lots adjacent to the circuit and for the shuttle service that will take fans directly to the racetrack.
MONZA GRAND PRIX 2020: LATEST UPDATES
Unfortunately, due to the continuing uncertainty related to the ongoing health emergency, the Formula 1 Grand Prix scheduled for September in Monza will take place behind closed doors.
The Autodromo di Monza has announced that tickets already purchased will be refunded for the full value of the price shown on them (the commissions applied by the enabled ticketing platforms will not be refunded).
- Fans who have purchased tickets through official web channels (monzanet.it and ticketone.it) will automatically receive a refund on their credit card, without having to submit any request.
- Those who purchased tickets at a physical store, however, must request a refund by filling in an online form by September 15, 2020.
All reimbursement operations will start from October 2020.
Hotel de la Ville: the Formula 1 hotel.
Our 4-star luxury hotel overlooks the Royal Villa of Monza and its famous park and is located just a few steps from the racetrack where one of the most anticipated Formula 1 races of 2020 will be held.
Thanks to the wonderful location, the refined elegance of the rooms, the availability and professionalism of the staff, Hotel de la Ville has always been the privileged home of the most important Formula 1 teams, who honour us with their presence by confirming their stay during the week every year of the Grand Prix.
- There are 70 available rooms, all of them finely furnished and equipped with all kinds of amenities.
- The indoor restaurant, the Derby Grill, is one of the most famous in Brianza.
- The glass veranda is perfectly air-conditioned and can be used all year round, offering a magnificent view of the Royal Vila of Monza.
- The annex of the hotel is a small and secluded luxury oasis equipped with a sitting area, a fireplace and a private patio.
If you are looking for an oasis of peace and relaxation, a stone’s throw away from the Monza racetrack, the staff of Hotel de la Ville awaits you at Viale Regina Margherita di Savoia 15, ready to make your stay unforgettable.