Monza is Italy’s capital of car racing and will host the Le Mans Series also this year. This is a prestigious car championship inspired on the 24 Hours of Le Mans, whose protagonists will face each other in the famous racetrack from the 10th and 12th of May. Here you can find all the useful information to keep up to date with this important event (the only one in Italy).
Le Mans Series: what is it about?
The Le Mans Series Championship (also known by the abbreviation ELMS) is the only European car race involving two kinds of cars, the Sport Prototype and the Gran Turismo . In order to be admitted to the race, they must have some specific features, and they are divided into the following categories:
- LMP2 (Le Mans Prototype 2): the lightest, with a maximum tank capacity of 50 litres.
- LMP3 (Le Mans Prototype 3): identical to the LMP2 in size although they must be heavier, have a larger tank and a Nissan V8 engine.
- LM-GTE (Gran Turismo 2): they have less power than the GT1 (which are no longer admitted) but maintain the weight, size, tank capacity and engine displacement as the top class.
The races at the Le Mans Series are all endurance races: the first to cross the finish line after 4 hours of racing will be named champion.
Le Mans Series: the schedule for 2019.
The Le Mans Series championship this year will be divided into 6 stages as follows:
- 12 – 14 April: Le Castellet (the official pre-championship test will also take place here, 5 days before)
- 10 – 12 May: Monza
- 19 – 21 July: Barcelona
- 30 – 31 August: Silverstone
- 20-22 September: Spa-Francorchamps
- 25 – 27 October: Portimao
New this year: the return of the Spanish circuit of Barcelona, which will replace the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
The Monza racetrack: contacts and useful information.
If you have a passion for engines, Monza this year represents the only occasion to appreciate the Le Mans Series in Italy, in its famous racetrack.
- The free practice and qualifying rounds will take place on Saturday the 11th of May .
- The race itself will take place on the afternoon of Sunday the 12th of May . In the morning there will be a pit walk and an autograph-signing session.
The racetrack can be easily reached by public transport but, if you want to use your own car, there is also a paid, 54.000 000 sqm parking area (free of charge for disabled guests).
For further information, check the event’s website. There you will find all updates on the race as well as the tickets’ prices.
Hotel de la Ville: across from the Park of Monza, a short walk from the racetrack.
Are you looking for an elegant and comfortable place to stay where you can enjoy the adrenaline of the Le Mans Series?
Then Hotel de La Ville might be just right for you. And here’s why:
- We are located 2 km away from the Monza racetrack
- You can enjoy one of our luxurious 70 rooms and our large private car park.
- You can taste the delicacies of our award-winning restaurant: the Derby Grill.
- You can make use of our free bike sharing service, to discover the incredible paths of the Monza Park.
Do not hesitate to ask us for information. We will be happy to meet your every need!