Fans are already thrilled for Sunday, September 2nd, the day in which the long-awaited Italian F1 Grand Prix will be disputed in Monza, the fastest stage of the entire World Championship, which can boast an average speed on lap of 234,626 km/h. Here’s all you need to know about this unmissable event!
Italian Grand Prix: where and when!
Tests, qualifying and the actual race of the F1 Grand Prix will be held from August 31st to September 2nd 2018, in the so-called “temple of speed”, the Autodrome of Monza, in the famous park.
The racetrack, where the greatest motor racing drivers of all time have competed, and where in 2005 the absolute speed record was reached in F1 (370,1 km/h), will also be the scene of a great show in 2018, which last year counted more than 185,000 appearances.
Here’s a brief summary of the weekend’s programme at full speed:
- Friday August 31st: the first two free practice sessions will be held, one at 10 am and one at 2 pm.
- Saturday September 1st: at 11 am the third free practice session will take place, and at 2 pm the qualifying will.
- Sunday September 2nd: at 2 pm the Grand Prix will begin, which will be disputed on 53 laps.
Season ticket holders (three days) will have access to the circuit also Thursday, August 30th, they can take a ride on the Pit Lane and participate in a session of autographs.
Monza Formula 1 2018: all practical information.
On the circuit’s website is already active presale service, through which both tickets for individual days and season tickets can be purchased:
- Tickets for Friday, August 31st, and Saturday, September 1st will start from 50 Euros.
- Tickets for the Grand Prix on Sunday, September 2nd, will start from 80 Euros.
- Season tickets have a minimum price of 100 euros.
ACI members have the right to special rates, as well as children and disabled people: for further information please consult the dedicated page.
Remember that it will not be possible to access the track by car or motorbike, which must be left in special parking lots. From here, fans can continue on foot or by using the shuttle bus.
Anyone wishing to travel to the Grand Prix by public transport can:
- Take bus 221 from Corso Milano (near Monza railway station) until Vedano (Porta Vedano entrance) or Biassono (Santa Maria delle Selve entrance, open only during race weekends).
- Take bus 204 from Corso Milano until Porta Vedano entrance, near the circuit.
They will be three days full of events, which in addition to the racetrack will involve the entire town, with concerts and exhibitions related to the world of motoring, not to be missed for all fans.
Hotel de la Ville: Formula 1 drivers’ hotel!
Our luxury 4-star hotel lies a few meters from Monza park (the view on the Royal Palace is stunning), really close to the racetrack.
Thanks to the wonderful location, the refined elegance of the rooms, the availability and professionalism of the staff, Hotel de la Ville has always been the privileged home of the most important Formula 1 teams, who honour us with their presence confirming their stay every year during the week of the Grand Prix.
- 70 rooms and suites, all elegant and refined and equipped with all the technological comforts.
- The Derby Grill restaurant is one of the most famous in Brianza area.
- The Derby Bar is the perfect place for an aperitif or an after-dinner cocktail.
- La Villa dépendance is a small and intimate oasis of luxury, with a little sauna and private patio.