This year, the Monza circuit will host an eagerly awaited event: the Monza Historic, a historical sport event that will turn the temple of speed back in time, to the delight of all the fans. Here’s all the information you need to enjoy this exciting weekend.
Monza Historic 2017: the programme.
The event will take place from the 30th of June to the 2nd of July in Monza: practice sessions will be on Friday the 30th, while the other two days are dedicated to the races themselves. The Monza Historic will be a unique opportunity to see historic cars that have shaped the history of racing whizz past you on the track.
There will be four races:
- Classic Endurance Racing: a retrospective of endurance races that were held from 1966 to 1979, the heyday of the sport. Car enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the likes of Ferrari 512, Porsche 935, BMW M1, just to name a few.
- Sixtie’s Endurance: sport cars built between 1950 and 1965 will compete, including Ferrari 250 GT, the Porsche 911 and the Jaguar type E.
- The Nastro Rosso Trophy: a race of Italian sport cars and Grand Touring pre 1966, like Ferrari 225S, Maserati, Porsche and Alfa Romeo.
- Heritage Touring Cup: a race including the protagonists of the European Touring Championship from 1966 to 1984, such as the Ford Escort, the BMW 3.0 CLS and the Jaguar XJ12C.
Car nostalgics will find what they’re looking for and will be able to go back in time, if only for a weekend!
Monza Historic: practical information.
The event will take place from Friday the 30th of June to Sunday the 2nd of July and these will be the ticket prices:
- Friday, June 30: free entry.
- Saturday, July 1: adults 14 euros and 10 euros reduced fee.
- Sunday, July 2: 14 euros full fee and 10 euros reduced rate.
The circuit is located within the beautiful park of Monza, and is easily accessible by public transport:
- Train: the Monza Station is located in via Caduti del Lavoro, is on the line Milano-Chiasso, and is just over 6 km away from the racetrack.
- Bus: from Corso Milano, close to the station, you can take bus 204 or 221 to the entrance of the circuit (Porta Vedano).
- Metro: take the Red subway line in Milan, get off at Sesto 1° Maggio FS and take bus Z221 to the racetrack.
The Monza circuit also has an area of approximately 54,000 sqm dedicated to parking, very useful for those who want to travel to the Monza Historic with their own car.
Hotel de la Ville: a stone’s throw away from the Monza racetrack.
Overlooking the magnificent Royal Villa lies Hotel de la Ville, whose elegance has nothing to envy that of the Villa itself. Inspired by the ancient glories of the Savoy residence, our 4 star hotel offers its guests:
- Rooms and suites to meet all needs, tastefully decorated paying great attention to detail.
- A beautiful annexe, La Villa, with a fireplace room, sauna and private parking.
- A fine dining restaurant, the Derby Grill, known throughout Monza.
- A range of services dedicated to those who want to spend a few days relaxing or are here on business.
If you want to enjoy the deafening roar of the engines of the Monza Historic during the day, and escape to an oasis of elegance and peace at night, do not hesitate to contact us, we’ll be happy to meet all your needs.