After the break of 2018, this year, the long-awaited Monza Historic returns to the Monza racetrack, the historic sporting commemoration that will catapult the Temple of Speed back in time, to the delight of all fans. Here you can find all the useful information to enjoy this exciting weekend.
Monza Historic 2019: all that is to come.
The three-day Monza Historic will take place from the 20th to the 22nd of September 2019. The practice sessions will take place on Friday 20 while the other two days are devoted to the actual competitions. The Monza Historic will always prove to be a unique opportunity to see speeding cars of the past that wrote the history of high-speed racing on the track.
As always, there will be many races:
- Classic Endurance Racing: a retrospective of endurance races that were held from 1966 to 1979, the heyday of the sport. Car enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the likes of the Ferrari 512, the Porsche 935 and the BMW M1, just to name a few.
- Sixtie’s Endurance: sport cars built between 1950 and 1965 will compete (sport cars prior to 1963 and Gran Touring prior to 1966), including the Ferrari 250 GT, the Porsche 911 and the Jaguar type E.
- The Nastro Rosso Trophy: a race of Italian sport cars and Grand Touring pre 1966, like the Ferrari 225S and brands such as Maserati, Porsche and Alfa Romeo.
- Heritage Touring Cup: a race including the protagonists of the European Touring Championship from 1966 to 1984, such as the Ford Escort, the BMW 3.0 CLS and the Jaguar XJ12C.
- Th Group C Racing: a show with the legendary cars that shaped the history of car racing between 1982 and 1994, especially the 24H of Le Mans.
- The Euro F2 Classic: open to the cars that participated in the European Formula 2 Championship (the antechamber of Formula 1 racing) between 1967 and 1978. Big names like Clay Ragazzoni, René Arnoux and Ronnie Peterson competed on these cars.
- The FIA Lurani Trophy: the prestigious Formula Junior that will see the cars of the category created by Count Giovanni Lurani in the late 50s compete, including Lotus, Cooper and Wainer.
This is a weekend not not be missed for all fans and nostalgics.
Monza Historic: all the practical information.
The event will take place at the Monza racetrack, from Friday 20 to Sunday 22 September:
- The practice sessions will take place on Friday and the entry will be free.
- For Saturday and Sunday, days in which the actual competitions will be held, the prices have not yet been made public, but, for the last edition of Monza Historic, the cost of the normal ticket amounted to 14 Euro, while the reduced fee was 10 Euro.
As regards the access to the racetrack:
- The entrance on Via Vedano will be open on Friday
- On Saturday and Sunday, both the entrances on Via Vedano and Santa Maria delle Selve will be open to the public.
The circuit is located within the beautiful park of Monza, and is easily accessible by public transport:
- Train: the Monza Station is located in via Caduti del Lavoro, is on the line Milano-Chiasso, and is just over 6 km away from the racetrack.
- Bus: from Corso Milano, close to the station, you can take bus z 204 to the Vedano entrance or bus z 221 to the Santa Maria delle Selve entrance.
- Metro: take the Red subway line in Milan, get off at Sesto 1° Maggio FS and take bus z 221 to the racetrack.
The Monza circuit also has an area of approximately 54,000 sqm dedicated to parking, very useful for those who want to travel to the Monza Historic with their own car.
For further information and updates on the tickets, we recommend you visit the website of the Monza circuit dedicated to the Monza Historic.
Hotel de la Ville: an oasis of peace just a few steps from the Monza racetrack.
Hotel de la Ville overlooks the Park of the Royal Villa in Monza and has little to envy about it when it comes to elegance. Our 4-star luxury hotel draws inspiration on the ancient splendour of the Savoy residence and offers its guests:
- Rooms and suites for all needs, furnished with taste and great attention to detail.
- An elegant and refined glass Veranda, perfectly air-conditioned and available all year round, from which to enjoy a unique view of the Royal Villa
- A beautiful annex, La Villa, with a fireplace room, sauna, and private parking.
- A fine-dining restaurant, the award-winning Derby Grill, known throughout Monza.
Do you want to enjoy the deafening roar of the engines of the Monza Historic during the day, and escape to an oasis of elegance and peace at night? Do not hesitate to contact us! You can enjoy discounts on our usual rates by booking in advance.