BIMU will be held from Tuesday, the 9th to Saturday the 13th of October in Milan’s exhibition centre at Rho. It is the biennial event dedicated to machine tools and all related technologies. Here’s all the useful information for those who do not want to miss this unique event.
BIMU Milan: what is it about?
BIMU is the International Fair for Machine Tools, which has become a referent for all operators in the manufacturing industry. It is Italy’s most important event on automation, digital manufacturing and auxiliary and enabling technologies.
This year, it will open its doors to connectivity in industry, having a special focus on the internet of things, big data, cyber security, cloud computing, augmented reality and system integrators.
During the fair, the interplay between the world of production systems and digital technologies will be discussed, presenting the main trends of the market.
The 31st Edition of BIMU, promoted by Ente Fiere Italiane Macchine, will bring a renewed repertoire of technologies inherent to the factory of the future (through a path made of exhibitions, thematic and convention areas). Like in the past edition, the Sfortec Industry exhibition will take place simultaneously, a fair dedicated to the subcontracting of technology and services in industry.
How to visit BIMU Milan 2018.
The exhibition will take place from the 9th to the 13th of October in a entirely dedicated hall of Milan’s exhibition centre: Fieramilano in Rho, number 28 on state road 33 del Sempione.
The opening hours for visitors will be from 09:30 to 18:00.
The day ticket will cost 12 Euros, and there will be free admission for:
- University students (must present a valid university ID).
- Under-age visitors (must be accompanied by an adult and, for kids up to 13 years of age, only with specific parental consent).
- Disabled people (free parking spaces and many deals that can be found here will be available).
Starting from July 2018, you can preregister online and receive your valid membership card for free admission.
For further information, on this page you will find all useful contacts.
How to get there
The Fieramilano exhibition centre is well connected and easily accessible by car or by public transport:
- Metro: take the red line and get off at Rho-Fieramilano.
- Train: from Milan’s central station, Milano Lambrate and Milano Porta Garibaldi, take the metro green line in the direction of Abbiategrasso-Assago, exit at Cadorna and take the red line to Rho-Fieramilano. From the Cadorna station, take red line to Rho-Fieramilano.
- Airplane: during the days of the exhibition there will be a paid shuttle service available departing from the airports of Linate, Malpensa and Orio al Serio.
For those who will travel to BIMU Milan by car, you will have more than 10,000 outdoor parking spaces near the exhibition centre and in two buildings near the West Gate.
Hotel de la Ville: an oasis of peace just a few km from Milan!
The 4-star luxury Hotel de la Ville overlooks the Royal Villa of Monza and its magnificent park. It was built drawing from the glory and elegance of the Villa of the Savoy and is considered one of the most beautiful hotels of the city.
The rooms of the hotel and its annexe, La Villa, are equipped with all amenities and, thanks to our conference rooms and our meeting services, our hotel is ideal for our business guests. They can enjoy:
- Fax, photocopy and printing service
- International press
- Currency exchange
- Multilingual staff on all floors.
We are only 22 km from Rho Fiera, and we also provide a private transfer service to it. If you’re planning to go to BIMU Milan, feel free to check the availability of our rooms!