Today we talk about the Lario, better known as Lake Como, the pre-Alpine lake that extends into the provinces of Como and Lecco, in Lombardy. Here is everything you need to know about this tourist attraction among the most beautiful in Italy.
One of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
The history of Lake Como is very long: since Roman times it was a favourite destination for politicians and aristocrats, who chose it for its wonderful landscapes and the variety of flora and fauna that characterise it.
From the shores of this wonderful lake, that winds along three branches, you can enjoy varied and fascinating landscapes:
- Ancient and remarkable villages
- Splendid noble villas
- Lush gardens among the most beautiful in Italy
The tourist resorts that rise on its banks, a holiday destination of Lombard nobility since the sixteenth century, are many, as are the initiatives and activities that are organized every day. Here you have some of them…
Lake Como for sports enthusiasts.
The lake has always been a preferred destination for fans of outdoor activities.
- Water sports fans, including sailing, water skiing, windsurf and diving will be spoiled for choice.
- Those who prefer to stay on the ground, without giving up the wonderful views, will have the opportunity to try out excursions (on foot and by mountain bike) and climbing, and the bravest can try canyoning (the discipline that consists of walking vertically between the gorges) .
- Even daredevils will not be disappointed, since they can try kitesurfing.
There are really many sports activities organised along the shores of Lake Como, and these also include golf, an activity whose fans would never give up, not even on holiday.
Lake Como for those who want to relax.
We are in the area of landscapes par excellence: the characteristic villages that dot the shores of the Lake, the sumptuous noble villas and the vast hill and mountain panoramas can be admired from the centre of the lake, through charming boat trips, mini cruises that can last from a few hours to the whole day.
- A must is the tour that starts from the fishing village of Bellagio and stops at the most beautiful places in the area.
- An activity not to be missed is the steamboat tour, a real trip into the past.
- The more experienced can also rent kayaks and canoes and enjoy the landscape in complete solitude.
Boat trips are organised every day at all hours, so it won’t be difficult to book the one that suits your taste and needs.
Lake Como for lovers of comfort food.
If aperitifs, lunches with friends and romantic dinners admiring the view from the shores of the lake are already charming, imagine them form its centre… Boat events to admire the lake from its waters, sipping excellent wine and tasting delicacies, are becoming increasingly popular.
Those who want will have the opportunity to book for themselves and their dear ones suggestive boat rides during which they can enjoy snacks and delicacies prepared by great chefs, accompanied by refined drinks. A unique experience, combining the culinary refinements of the best restaurants with the natural beauty of one of the most beautiful areas of Italy.
Hotel de la Ville: an oasis of peace near Lake Como!
You can find us in the heart of Monza, overlooking the magnificent Royal Villa. Our 4-star luxury hotel, located 40 minutes by car and half an hour by train from Lake Como, offers its guests:
- Elegant rooms and suites equipped with the most modern of comforts.
- A luxurious annex, La Villa, inspired by the splendour of the Savoy residence.
- An indoor restaurant, the Derby Grill (reign of Executive Chef Fabio Silva), from whose crystal Veranda it is possible to enjoy a magnificent view of the Park of Monza.
Are you planning to visit Lake Como? Treat yourself to a stay in an equally charming place, experiencing unforgettable moments in one of the most beautiful hotels in Lombardy!