Monza is Italy’s capital of car racing and will host the Le Mans Series also this year. This is a prestigious car championship inspired on the 24 Hours of Le Mans, whose protagonists will face each other in the famous racetrack from the 1st and 3rd of July. Here you can find all the useful information to keep up to date with this important event.
Le Mans Series: what is it about?
The Le Mans Series Championship (also known by the abbreviation ELMS, European Le Mans Series) is the only European car race involving two kinds of cars, the Sport Prototype and the Gran Turismo . In order to be admitted to the race, they must have some specific features, and they are divided into the following categories:
- LMP2 (Le Mans Prototype 2): the lightest, with a maximum tank capacity of 50 litres.
- LMP3 (Le Mans Prototype 3): identical to the LMP2 in size although they must be heavier, have a larger tank and a Nissan V8 engine (this year we will see the debut of the new LMP3 generation).
- LM-GTE (Gran Turismo 2): they have less power than the GT1 (which are no longer admitted) but maintain the weight, size, tank capacity and engine displacement as the top class.
The races at the Le Mans Series are all endurance races: the first to cross the finish line after 4 hours of racing will be named champion. As usual, at the end of the season the first competitors in the ranking will be automatically invited to participate in the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans 2023.
Le Mans Series: the schedule for 2022.
The Le Mans Series championship will be divided into 6 stages, distributed as follows
- 17th April: Le Castellet
- 15th May: Imola
- 3rd July: Monza
- 28th August: Barcellona
- 25th September: Spa-Francorchamps
- 16th October: Portimao
The Monza racetrack: contacts and useful information.
If you have a passion for engines, this year’s Monza summer comes alive with the Le Mans Series in Italy, in its famous racetrack.
- The free practice and qualifying rounds will take place on Friday 1st and Saturday the 2nd of July.
- The race itself will take place on the afternoon of Sunday the 3rd of July. In the morning there will be a pit walk and an autograph-signing session.
For further information, please consult the page dedicated to the event on the Autodrome website, where any updates relating to the race will be published.
Hotel de la Ville: in front Monza’s Park, a short walk from the racetrack.
Are you looking for an elegant and comfortable place to stay where you can enjoy the adrenaline of the Le Mans Series?
The Hotel de La Ville, the most famous 4-star luxury hotel in Brianza, could be the place to stay… here’s why:
- It stands in front of the wonderful Villa of Monza (of which it enjoys a breathtaking view), just 2 km from the racetrack, which can be easily reached on foot or by bicycle, perhaps using the hotel’s bike sharing service.
- It offers its customers 70 luxuriously furnished rooms, a large internal parking and, for those who wish, an exclusive annex, La Villa.
- Our indoor restaurant, the award-winning Derby Grill, is one of the most famous in Brianza.
Do not hesitate to ask us for information. We will be happy to meet your every need!