In June 2019, in MiCo, the Congress Centre of the city of Milan will host the 24th edition of the most important Congress of Dermatology in the world, held every 4 years. 6 days to centre the attention of all the medical and academic environment on the international capital of Lombardy.
The excellence of world dermatology in Milan.
The World Congress of Dermatology, now in its 130th anniversary, will bring to the city of Milan experts from around the world, including thousands of participants among which members of the 180 global corporations forming part of ILDS (International League of Dermatological Societies). The main aim of the event is to share knowledge, experience and professional skills, in order to give strong inputs to research and improve patient care.
For many months, the President of WCD 2019, Giovanni Pellacani, the Secretary-General, Ketty Peris, the Scientific Chairman, Christopher Griffiths, and all their employees have worked tirelessly to provide a rich and challenging programme. A programme that will be dedicated to the memory of Professor Sergio Chimenti, Director of the Dermatological Clinic of Tor Vergata University in Rome, who died in 2016.
The 24th World Congress of Dermatology, which will begin Monday, June 10, and will end on Saturday, June 15, will be held in the spaces of MiCo, the Milano Convention Centre, one of Europe’s largest conference centres, capable of accommodating up to 18 000 people.
MiCo: all the practical information.
MiCo features 70 conference rooms, including two plenary rooms with 4000 and 2000 seats each and an auditorium with 1500 seats. It is located 4 km away from the Duomo, in the heart of Milan, in Piazzale Carlo Magno, 1.
The Congress Centre can be easily reached by public transport:
- From Linate Airport: take bus 73 until the last stop and then the red Metro line 1.
- From Malpensa Airport: take the Malpensa Express train to Cadorna Station and then the red Metro line 1.
- From Orio al Serio Airport: take the shuttle bus or Air Pullman to the Central Station, then switch to the green Metro line 2 until Cadorna and then the red Metro line 1.
- From the Central and Garibaldi Stations: Take the green Metro line 2 to Cadorna and then the red Metro line 1.
- From Cadorna Station: take the red Metro line 1.
- From Domodossola Trenord Station: Take the violet Metro line 5 with direction San Siro. The entrance is located just a few metres from the “Portello” stop.
For those wanting to reach the Congress Centre by car, follow the signs to Fieramilanocity and, once inside the premises of MiCo, you can make use of the parking lot with more than 1100 parking spaces.
Hotel de la Ville: an oasis of peace just a few steps from Milan.
Our 4-star luxury hotel is located in front of the Royal Villa of Monza, of which it enjoys a beautiful view, and is just 16 km away from Milan’s Central Station. A little gem thought to gift you with moments of intense relaxation in a cosy and refined atmosphere, ideal for business travellers who will enjoy:
- High-speed Internet access
- Multilingual staff on all floors
- Currency exchange service
- Fax, photocopy and printing service
- International press
You can choose from 70 rooms and suites, equipped with all modern comforts, furnished with luxury and refinement. You can also try the delights of Executive Chef Fabio Silva in the restaurant, the Derby Grill, or enjoy a quick and refined lunch, an aperitif or an after-dinner drink at the Derby Bar, which shares a magnificent Veranda with the restaurant.
For further information, please contact us and we will be happy to meet your every need.