The first weekend of November, the finals of the Ferrari Challenge will be held in the famous Monza racetrack. This is the single-brand championship created in 1993 by Ferrari and it has become the most famous in the world. Here is all the information on what will happen in the town in Brianza!
Ferrari Challenge: what you need to know.
The Ferrari Challenge is followed by thousands of fans worldwide and it is divided into three distinct series, depending on where the competitions are held:
- North America
Each race has three trophies: the Pirelli Trophy, the Pirelli Trophy Am and the Shell Cup (the latter being divided into the Gentlemen Cup, for racers over 65, and the Ladies Cup, for women). In the 2018 edition, the Ferrari 488 Challenge will be the first turbo car designed for the Ferrari Challenge.
The event will begin on Thursday, November 1 and will end Sunday 4. This year, pilots and organisers promise to exceed the expectations of all fans who will come to the Monza circuit from around the world.
All about the races and the tickets.
There will be free access to the racetrack during the whole weekend that, in addition to the Ferrari Challenge, will also host:
- Formula 1 Clients: since 2003, regulations allow for a small number of people to buy cars of the highest category and to race on the circuit, becoming the true protagonists of international racing.
- XX Programmes: races by cars produced in very few numbers exclusively for track use, driven by “special clients” who possess these unique cars and are willing to exchange information with the Ferrari technicians.
You can access the racetrack during the events through Porta Vedano (always open) and Porta Santa Maria delle Selve (during the weekend of the races).
The free tickets can be collected at:
- The ticket offices located at the entrances.
- From the personnel in charge (wearing recognisable bibs).
Any other further information can be found on the page dedicated to the event on the Monza Racetrack website.
Ferrari Challenge: how to get there?
Monza and its racetrack can be easily reached by public transport:
- By train: the Monza Station is situated just over 6 km away from the racetrack and can be reached by metro lines S8, S9 and S11 and is the initial station of trains to Lecco and Molteno. From there, buses 221 and 204 will take you to the racetrack.
- By Metro: Monza cannot be reached by the metro, but you can take line 1 of the Milan Metro, get off at Sesto 1° Maggio FS, and take bus 221 to Monza.
- By bus: bus 204 from Corso Milano (near the station) in the direction of Vedano, or (always from Corso Milano) bus 221 to Vedano and Santa Maria delle Selve.
- By car: there is an area of 54,000 square meters adjacent to the circuit completely dedicated to parking space (disabled people can benefit from a private car park and can access an equipped tribune).
Hotel de la Ville: luxury and relax near the racetrack.
Hotel de la Ville overlooks the Park of the Royal Villa in Monza and is located only 2 km from the famous racetrack. It is a 4 star hotel where time seems to stand still.
The hotel and its magnificent annex, La Villa, are inspired on the elegance of the Savoy residence. Here, our clients travel back in time into an pompous atmosphere in style, where they are pampered by an attentive staff that is extremely professional and will meet the needs of every type of guest.
If you plan on enjoying a weekend with the deafening roar of the engines, why not treat yourself to an elegant, cosy and relaxing stay? Cheap promotions are also available if booked in advance.