From the 7th to the 10th March 2018, the MICO of Milan will host again Seeds&Chips, the Global Food Innovation Summit, the largest global event focused on food innovation. Here is all the information in order to participate!
Technology at the service of nutrition.
Seed&Chips, designed and curated by Marco Gualtieri, is an international exhibition dedicated to companies and tech start-ups which innovate in the agro-food industry and in the universe of food and wine.
There are many factors that have led to a radical change in the ways in which food is produced, distributed and consumed:
- An increase in the world population,
- Climate change
- Scarcity of available resources
- Socio-demographic changes
These changes, which also affect the undeniable evolution of processes of selection and purchase, can also gain from a very advanced technological infrastructure.
As was the case in the last edition (which had former US President Barack Obama as guest), the main topic of the 4 days will be innovation around all sectors regarding nutrition. From the food of the future to the new production techniques, from securing food resources to the right to food.
The way in which food is produced, elaborated, distributed, consumed and, above all, “communicated” is changing at a vertiginous speed and the international community must face a challenge ever-growing in urgency.
During the course of Seeds&Chips, advanced solutions will be presented concerning food innovation, there will be conferences and meetings with entrepreneurs, investors, national and international experts, in order to unite the efforts to build a sustainable future.
Seed&Chips: useful information!
The Global Food Innovation Summit will take place from Monday 7 to Thursday 10 May at the headquarters of MiCo, Milan’s Convention Centre, located 4 km away from the Duomo, in Piazzale Carlo Magno. Visitors will be able to enter through Gate 3 (Viale Eginardo/Viale Scarampo).
MiCo is easily accessible by car or public transport:
- By train: from the central station take the green underground line towards Abbiategrasso and get off at Cadorna, then, take the red line towards Rho Fiera Milano up at Amendola, 700 metres from the Convention Centre.
- By underground: underground station Portello, on the purple line, is just 80 m from the Convention Centre. Amendola station (red line) just 700 m away and the green and yellow lines have common stations with the red line at Cadorna and Duomo respectively.
- By plane: from Linate airport, take bus 73 until Piazza Diaz, then take the red line from the Duomo. From Malpensa, take the Malpensa Express train to Cadorna, then the red line up to MiCo. From Orio al Serio airport: take the bus service to the central station, then take the green underground line to Cadorna and, from there, the red line to MiCo.
- By car: it is advisable to leave your car in one of the many parking lots near major underground stations. Green line: Cascina Gobba and Famagosta, Yellow line: San Donato, Red line: Bisceglie and Lampugnano.
For further information regarding entrance, tickets and fees, visit the official webpage of Seeds&Chips.
Hotel de la Ville: only 16 km from Milan’s central station.
Our 4-star, luxury hotel is located in front of the Royal Villa of Monza, looking over its magnificent park. It distinguishes itself by being a small oasis of peace and elegance, privacy and relaxation, open to all our business customers and with a very experienced staff.
Hotel de la Ville has rooms and suites for all needs and tastes, full of all kinds of amenities, for a perfect stay in an elegant and refined atmosphere.
- The hotel has a private parking lot and an indoor garage.
- All our rooms have air conditioning, Sky TV, internet, high-speed Wi-Fi, a safe and a minibar.
- Our business guests have at their disposal a photocopy and fax service, international press, currency exchange and a multilingual staff on each floor.
- Our indoor restaurant, the Derby Grill, is one of the most famous in Brianza and our American Bar has a marvellous terrace overlooking the Royal Villa.
Whether you are in Milan for leisure or for work, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will meet all your needs to make your stay unique!