Three days of festivities are announced for the weekend from the 15th to the 18th of June 2017, when the I-Days (Independent Days Festival) will take place in the Monza racetrack, an independent music festival well known among those who appreciate alternative music. If you have the patience to read this till then end, we will give you all the useful information to participate in this event, that restarts again this year after a break.
I-Days: here is the programme.
Lovers of techno, punk, rock, indie, etc. will enjoy a weekend full of fun, whose main events will be the following 4 gigs:
- June 15: Green Day awaits you (opening band: Rancid) Yes, you’ve read right: the legendary punk rock trio will be at Monza Park!
- June 16: it will be the turn of Radiohead and the opening act will be performed by James Blake
- June 17: Linking Park will take the stage after the opening of Blink 182 Expect a day of jumps and hectic!
- June 18: Justin Bieber closes the 4 day festival at Monza and, trust us, a crowd is to be expected because the opening act will be performed by Martin Garrix, who, with just 20 years of age, has been nominated the world’s best Deejay!
I-Days Festival: timetable and tickets.
In all three evenings of the Festival, the concerts will begin at 18:30 and the access points will open at 17:00.
These will be the ticket prices:
- Thursday, June 15, Rancid + Green Day | Regular ticket: 52 € + presale | Golden Circle ticket + Pit Access 62 € + presale
- Friday, June 16, Radiohead + James Blake | Regular ticket: 60 € + presale
- Saturday, June 17, Blink 182 + Linkin Park: regular ticket: 55 € + presale
- Sunday, June 18, Martin Garrix + Justin Bieber | Regular ticket: 55 € + presale | Golden Circle ticket + Pit Access: 80 € + presale fee
There are also packages for 1, 2 or 3 festival days, or containing, all inclusive, concert and tent space at the camping site.
I-Days: how to get there and how to leave.
This edition of the I-Days, the 12th one to be precise, will be held at the Monza racetrack, located in one of Italy’s largest parks, that of the Royal Villa.
The Monza circuit is very well connected and easily reached by many means of public transport:
- The Monza Station, which is just over 6 km away from the racetrack, is on the line Milan-Chiasso and can be reached by suburban lines S8, S9 and S11.
- Buses 204 and 221 depart from Corso Milano (near Monza Station) and take you to the access points Vedano and Biassono.
- Those coming from the city of Milan can take Metro Line 1, get off at Sesto Primo Maggio and from there get the bus z221 to Monza.
During the three days of the Festival, there will also be a shuttle service to return to Milan. The bus will make two stops:
- Central Station
The bus will leave at two times:
- First departure: 30 minutes after the end of the concert.
- Second departure: approximately 90 minutes after the first departure.
Here you will find all the information about the bus shuttle service and you can buy the ticket for the bus, which costs 10 euros.
Those who want to go to the Festival by car should know that there is a large paid parking area within the circuit available to the participants.
Hotel de la Ville: an extremely classic Hotel a few steps away from Festival of experimentation!
Staying at Hotel de la Ville you can forget transportation, trains and shuttles; We are a short walk from the music, but light years away from the chaos that surrounds the event.
We enjoy contrast and, what better way to counteract the confusion of the concerts with a retreat in an oasis of peace and relaxation where time seems to stand still, while it races on the stage?
Hotel de la Ville, a 4 star luxury hotel a walking distance away from the Royal Villa of Monza, form which it draws on inspiration as regards style, elegance, attention to detail and, above all, peace.
Those who choose to stay in the Hotel or in its magnificent Annexe, will enjoy rooms and suites for all needs, will be “pampered” by experienced and caring multilingual staff and will enjoy great lunches and dinners in the award-winning restaurant, the Derby Grill.
You can book your room at Hotel de la Ville directly through our site and decide if it’s worth indulging on a stay out of the ordinary.