This year, the Italian Golf Open will also be preceded by the Pro-Am Tournament, better known as Rolex Pro-Am, named after the famous luxury watch brand which sponsors the event. Let us discover all there is to know about this competition in which famous professional golfers play with amateurs.
Pro-Am Golf Tournament: what is it about?
Golf enthusiasts will know well what we’re talking about, but it’s still good to remember what is meant by golf Pro-Am and what to expect in Monza, Italy, during the Italian Open which will be held from the 12th to the 15th of October 2017.
A golf Pro-Am is a competition where the teams playing against each other include professional players and amateurs.
The Rolex Pro-Am 2017 will be held on the 11th of October, the course will consist of 18 holes and each team will be composed of 1 professional player and 3 amateurs.
All professionals participating in the Pro-Am will donate their attendance fee to a charity foundation and amateurs are also encouraged to donate a minimum amount to the same foundation.
Rolex Pro-Am 2017: when, where and how to get there.
As we have already mentioned, the Italian Open will take place from the 12th to the 15th of October and the competition will be held in the course of the Milan Golf Club at Monza, within the beautiful park of the Royal Villa, which has an area of about 700 acres and more than 100,000 trees.
The Pro-Am tournament will open the event and will be held on the 11th of October (the starting time has not yet been disclosed).
During the event, you can use the parking spaces of the Monza circuit, which are partly paid for by the Golf Club.
Taking into account that Porta Vedano is the only access point available to reach the circuit’s parking lot, here is how to get to the Golf Club:
- Arrive in front of the Royal Villa of Monza.
- Turn left at the light onto Viale Brianza.
- Continue for about 1.5 km until you reach Porta Vedano.
- Once inside the Park, continue along Via Ambrogio Villa and follow the signs for the Italian Open.
It is important to remember that the entrance at Porta San Giorgio (closest to the Golf Club) will be closed to traffic and the entrance will only be allowed to:
- Courtesy cars.
- Motor vehicles belonging to disabled people with the corresponding parking permit.
However, we believe that it would be worthwhile for those who can to leave the car at home and take a relaxing stroll in one of the most beautiful parks in Italy, waiting for the “kick-off”!
Hotel de la Ville: only a few metres away from the Royal Villa of Monza.
A few metres from the Park of Monza, and with a wonderful view of it, lies Hotel de la Ville, a 4 star luxury hotel where style meets elegance. Moreover, being located in front of the Savoy Villa, it could certainly not be otherwise.
The Hotel offers its guests:
- Rooms and suites for every need: all furnished with meticulous attention to detail and to all modern amenities.
- An annexe known as La Villa where time seems to stand still and you can spend a relaxing holiday in a cosy, elegant atmosphere.
- An award-winning restaurant and famous throughout Monza, the Derby Grill, where an almost maniacal care for the menu and decoration of the restaurant goes hand in hand with the extreme kindness and helpfulness of the staff.
If you’re attending the Italian Golf Open, consider to make your stay unforgettable: Hotel de la Ville lies less than 4 kilometres from Golf Club Milano.